Evolution is a scientific fact
Darwin and others
observed the natural phenomena that there were changes in species composition
in the fossil record through time. Which is an observed fact. They called this
Definition of evolution; The change in a species or populations gene frequency.
Hypothesis; The mechanism of evolution is a change in gene frequency of a population caused by heritable variation being acted on by natural selection
This hypothesis makes testable predictions such as;
There should be fossil sequences which show the development of species
including humans Validated (1)
There should be heritable variation in humans. Example; Mutations which were not present in the parents but occurred in the offspring. Validated (2)
There should be naturally selected advantageous and disadvantageous mutations in species. Validated (3)
There should be changes in gene frequency in humans and other species. Validated (4)
From these and other scientific tests it is evident that the hypothesis of evolution has been rigorously tested and passed all the tests to the degree that it has become not only a theory, but that theory is now a scientific fact(5).
The upshot is that each species was not a result of divine creation as is stated in Genesis, but instead evolved.
1) Human evolution picture sequence.Smithsonian Institution
2) “Apert syndrome is inherited in an autosomal dominant pattern, which means one copy of the altered gene in each cell is sufficient to cause the disorder. Since the reproductive fitness of affected individuals is low, almost all cases of Apert syndrome result from new mutations in the gene, and occur in people with no history of the disorder in their family. Individuals with Apert syndrome, however, can pass along the condition to the next generation.”
3) Example 2) is disadvantageous natural selection and example 4) is advantageous natural selection
4) Evolution change in frequency and genetic variation has been observed in human populations
“a small community in
5) Scientific fact is a noun, and is defined as. - "an observation that has been confirmed repeatedly and is accepted as true (although its truth is never final)."
Written by Larry Leininger