10 Best Teespring Alternatives – [Updated 2023]
Teespring is an online platform where users can create and sell their own custom t-shirts. It has an easy-to-use interface that allows for the creation of t-shirt designs before they are listed for sale. Additionally, users can purchase designs from others. The print-on-demand industry, which includes Teespring, has become a billion-dollar business.
The print-on-demand business model allows individuals who have never created a product to make money by selling custom printed items online. This eliminates the need for inventory management and shipping. There are various resources available for those interested in starting their own print-on-demand business, including choosing an eCommerce platform or marketplace.
Although Teespring is a popular platform for print-on-demand products, it may not be the best option for all business models. It lacks customization options compared to other platforms. However, it is a great option for those starting out, as there are no upfront costs or risks involved. Teespring handles the printing, shipping, and customer service. Additionally, it offers over 50 types of products to sell, making it attractive for anyone wanting to start their own print-on-demand business.
What is Teespring?
Teespring is a widely recognized service that specializes in print-on-demand, giving individuals the chance to create and sell personalized merchandise such as t-shirts and mugs. By utilizing Teespring , you can effortlessly showcase your unique designs on their platform. Once a sale is made, the responsibility of printing and shipping the products lies with Teespring, while you enjoy the profits.
This particular platform offers a convenient and straightforward option for online entrepreneurs. Nevertheless, it’s crucial to acknowledge that while Teespring has its advantages, it also has certain limitations to take into account. Firstly, the storefront on their website may not be the most user-friendly, as products are categorized based on their type rather than specific designs or brands. Consequently, customers may face difficulties in locating their desired items.
Furthermore, the customization options provided by Teespring are somewhat limited. This may not be suitable for those seeking greater creative freedom
and control over their online store. Lastly, it’s important to note that Teespring enforces a minimum payment threshold of $100. This means that you will not receive any payment until your earnings exceed this amount. If these drawbacks are significant concerns for you, it would be beneficial to explore alternative platforms to Teespring. Let’s delve into a few of these alternatives.
How to decide on the suitable Teespring different in your wants
There is an abundance of alternatives available in the market for Teespring. When considering your options, there are several factors to take into account:
- Type of POD service: Do you want to create your own store from scratch or list your products on an online marketplace?
- Product variety: What items do you want to print your designs on? While some Teespring alternatives offer a limited range, such as t-shirts and clothing items, others provide a wider selection including mugs, accessories, art prints, and more.
- Delivery time: If prompt delivery is important to you, look for services that offer next-day delivery. Many POD websites take days or even weeks to print and ship products.
- Quality considerations: Different Teespring alternatives vary in terms of the quality of merchandise they offer. Some may provide higher-quality products than others.
- Target audience: Certain platforms may be better suited for specific demographics. Consider which platform aligns with your target customers.
- Budget: Some Teespring alternatives allow you to get started for free, while others require a paid subscription plan.
Consider these factors when exploring the various Teespring alternatives.
10 Top Teespring Alternatives
These are our evaluations of the top print-on-demand web websites, along with Teespring.
Redbubble stands out as one of the most renowned print-on-demand marketplaces among the alternatives listed. This excellent Teespring alternative has been in operation since as early as 2006 and primarily caters to independent artists worldwide.
The significant advantage that Redbubble offers over Teespring is its established audience. Being a well-known platform, Redbubble attracts a substantial amount of organic traffic, resulting in greater visibility for your products. If you have been facing difficulties in generating sales on Teespring, you might have better luck on Redbubble. Moreover, Redbubble streamlines the entire setup process, making it significantly easier. Opening a store on the platform and starting to sell your designs is a straightforward procedure with no hoops to jump through. Within minutes, you can be up and running.
Another noteworthy print-on-demand website similar to TeeSpring is Redbubble. Founded in Australia in 2006, Redbubble has expanded to include offices in the United States and Germany. This reliable platform specializes in printing high-quality products such as clothing, mugs, phone cases, stickers, stationery, clocks, and more. According to Redbubble’s records as of January 2020, over 400,000 designers have made sales of customized printed products through the platform. Interestingly, Redbubble operates as an independent e-commerce platform for the sale of these products and does not integrate with other e-commerce platforms.
To set up your Redbubble store, all you need to do is register for an account and upload your artwork for up to 60 different products. It’s worth noting that Redbubble does not provide a product design tool, so you will need to create your unique artworks. Each product on the Redbubble platform has a base price from the manufacturer, to which Redbubble adds its service fee. This allows you to determine the selling price for each product in your Redbubble store and generate revenue. Once orders are placed for your products, Redbubble takes care of fulfillment and transfers your earnings to you.
Redbubble stands out as a major Teespring alternative, primarily due to its substantial traffic as one of the largest print-on-demand marketplaces. The company’s origins in Australia and its long-standing presence since at least 2006 contribute to its high level of site traffic. Redbubble offers designers the opportunity to build a career based on their skills, focusing on independent artists worldwide.
To sell your artwork on Redbubble, all you need to do is create an artist store and showcase your creations. Redbubble is an excellent choice for individuals who are not well-versed in search engine optimization (SEO) or marketing, thanks to their utilization of Google Shopping ads.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Currency can be set to match your country of origin.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Flexible pricing options.
- No startup costs.
- Utilization of Google Shopping ads.
- Inability to change currency once set.
- Limited range of products.
- Payment threshold of $20.
- Earnings for unshipped items carry over to the following month.
- Slow payment processing and income transfer.
- Time-consuming upload process.
- Copyright infringement concerns.
- Base prices can change at checkout based on various factors.
- No white-label option.
- Highly competitive market, making it challenging to stand out.
Zazzle, established in 2005, stands as one of the oldest platforms on our list. Remarkably, Zazzle offers an impressive selection of over 300 million products, thanks to their partnerships with renowned brands such as Hallmark, Disney, Marvel, Harry Potter, DC Comics, and more. However, creators on Zazzle are limited to publishing a maximum of 100,000 products. Popular items available on the platform include t-shirts, mugs, postcards, blankets, office stationery, and more. Unlike other print-on-demand websites like TeeSpring, Zazzle functions as an online marketplace for the sale of custom-printed products. Nevertheless, the Zazzle API supports custom integrations, allowing users to showcase their Zazzle products on their own customized online stores. To begin on the Zazzle platform, you can create a free account and proceed to customize your preferred products. Their design tool enables the creation of new artwork for each product. Alternatively, you can also purchase existing designs on the platform, which will then be printed on the products you intend to sell. Additionally, you have the flexibility to determine your profit while Zazzle handles order processing and fulfillment on your behalf.
Zazzle, a U.S.-based online retailer, was established just one year prior to Redbubble. Similar to Redbubble, it garners significant traffic. However, Zazzle’s traffic doesn’t primarily come from organic search. Instead, it caters to individuals seeking products with graphic designs. The majority of sellers on Zazzle consist of designers, colleagues, and creators.
As an alternative to Teespring, Zazzle allows users to either modify existing product designs or start from scratch. The platform sets itself apart from the competition by offering users the ability to further customize designs. However, it’s important to note that Zazzle does come with a significant learning curve. If you prefer to avoid complexity, this marketplace may not be the most suitable choice for you.
- Wide range of product categories and variants
- High-quality products and prints
- Ability to sell products from other customers and have them promote your products as well
- No registration fee
- Bulk-order discounts
- Customizable pricing
- Store customization options
- Promotional tools
- Reliable customer support
- Reliable store tracking
- No option to sell on third-party eCommerce platforms
- Lack of integrations
- Insufficient information on sizing and resolution
- Poor quality in some product categories
SpreadShop eliminates any sign-up fees, making it a popular choice among creators operating on a tight budget. While merchandise often takes a backseat for busy creators, SpreadShop simplifies the process of creating professional merchandise mockups for effective product promotion. Through its social media sharing buttons, SpreadShop facilitates easy sharing of designs across various social media platforms. The platform’s dedicated blog provides comprehensive support for sellers, streamlining the process of launching merchandise sales. Additionally, for an additional fee, users can access expert design assistance. However, it’s important to note that SpreadShop’s convenience comes at a cost. The platform retains up to 40% of the base price for all products sold, reducing sellers’ revenue. Furthermore, SpreadShop primarily caters to US customers, and international sellers can only receive payouts via PayPal.
SpreadShop primarily caters to merch sellers, including YouTube creators, NGOs, and private companies. It offers exceptional support for anyone looking to sell merchandise, providing a convenient and free store system. By simply uploading your designs and selecting the desired products to sell, SpreadShop takes care of payments, production, shipping, and fulfillment. There is no direct cost to you, and the platform aims to maximize your commissions. What sets it apart is that you can utilize your own free store, making it a unique alternative to Teespring. If you’re not satisfied with the Teespring marketplace, SpreadShop is worth considering.
SpreadShop, created by Spreadshirt, shares similarities with its parent platform but offers additional functionality and integration with social media networks. Its primary focus is on brands, bands, performers, and community leaders. To expedite the creation of product mockup images, SpreadShop has partnered with Placeit. Moreover, their storefront includes shareable social media features designed to attract vendors and expand the reach of their products. Unlike many Teespring alternatives, SpreadShop provides a blog that offers valuable design and marketing tips, eliminating the need for extensive internet searches for specific advice.
- Professional design assistance is available, ensuring high-quality designs.
- Social media integrations make sharing products effortless.
- No startup costs, allowing creators to begin selling without financial barriers.
- Seamless integration of the store with social media platforms for wider reach.
- Opportunity to offer merch bundles and directly promote them to followers.
- Access to product mockup images on Placeit, facilitating quick and appealing product displays.
- Worldwide delivery service, enabling sellers to reach customers globally.
- Optional professional design help is available, starting at $19.99.
- Informative and helpful blog with tutorials for guidance.
- Wide range of over 100 customizable products to choose from.
- High base prices, which may affect profit margins for sellers.
- Shipping costs can be high, potentially impacting the overall cost for customers.
- Not the most suitable option for non-US sellers, as the service is primarily oriented towards the US market.
- Spreadshop retains up to 40% of the base price, reducing the earnings for sellers.
- Direct deposit requires a U.S. checking account, limiting payment options for some sellers.
- International sellers can only receive payouts through PayPal.
- Product delivery may be slow, and shipping costs can be expensive.
- No white-label option available for branding customization.
Once you join, you have the opportunity to sell your designs as Amazon products on the globally renowned Amazon marketplace. The advantage of selling on Amazon lies in the fact that you can list your designs on the most popular online shopping platform in the world. With over 3.6 billion monthly visitors, the Amazon marketplace offers unparalleled reach that no other print-on-demand marketplace can match. However, it’s important to note that it’s not without its challenges. The Amazon marketplace is highly competitive, making it difficult to gain visibility for your product designs. The majority of sales are driven by products that rank at the top of search results, emphasizing the importance of optimizing your listings for search engine optimization (SEO). Another drawback of selling through Merch by Amazon is the limited product range, primarily focusing on apparel and phone accessories. While it’s free to sign up for Merch by Amazon, it may take around a week for your account to be approved.
Merch by Amazon differs from other Teespring alternatives as it is not an independent website but a print-on-demand service offered within the Amazon Marketplace. The success or failure of your business can heavily depend on your niche, given the constrained product selection on their platform. However, due to the immense traffic they receive, Amazon has a reputation for being highly profitable despite its limited variety.
Nevertheless, it’s important to recognize that the majority of traffic comes from listings that have been optimized for search engines. In other words, even in a specialized marketplace, saturation can occur due to intense competition. Therefore, it’s crucial to understand how to optimize your listings and create compelling clothing designs in order to generate income through Merch by Amazon, specifically focusing on items like t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies.
- No startup costs.
- Potential for high profitability due to the large number of monthly visitors.
- Royalties are only deducted from shirt sales.
- Merch designs are listed on regular Amazon pages, increasing visibility.
- Fast and reliable worldwide shipping options through Amazon Prime.
- Excellent customer support.
- High monthly traffic.
- Well-known and trusted brand name.
- No startup fees.
- Great customer support.
- Royalties are only deducted from shirt sales.
- Quick international shipping options.
- Oversaturated niche markets.
- Need to request an invitation and wait for approval to become a seller.
- Approval to start selling is not guaranteed.
- Varying turnaround time for new invite requests (up to approximately six months).
- Concerns regarding design theft and copyright infringement.
- Extremely limited branding choices.
- Limited range of products.
- Rigid pricing system with minimum pricing set by Amazon.
- Low royalties paid to new sellers.
- Highly competitive marketplace.
- Account approval can take time.
- Limited product range.
Fine Art America is a mixture between a web based market and an eCommerce platform. It’s similar to different print-on-demand web sites like Teespring, with the added bonus of additionally offering entry to a bunch of promoting and gross sales tools that can assist you run what you are promoting.
A form of a hybrid between a web based market and an eCommerce platform, Fine Art America. Fine Art America and different Teespring alternate options are extra much like Sellfy when it comes to their features. The majority of their features, reminiscent of white-label, are completely accessible to premium subscribers, which is the difference. They don’t provide instantaneous rewards, which is one other vital distinction from most POD websites.
However, they do provide advertising and gross sales tools, as well as interfaces with different gross sales channels (e.g. you may promote products straight via your individual web site). As the title would suggest, the vast majority of their distributors promote unique art work or their designs on numerous print items. Additionally, promoting digital items can be an possibility. Although Fine Art America receives a decent quantity of site visitors because of their search engine optimisation technique, the vast majority of it’s made up of shoppers who’re notably trying to buy distinctive art work. Therefore, this will likely or might not be just right for you relying in your specialised market.
There are loads of totally different products which you could promote on Fine Art America together with unique artwork prints, house decor objects, luggage, mats, cellphone equipment, attire, and stationery. A whole lot of their prospects are in search of unique artwork designs. Therefore, it’s a good possibility when you’re a severe artist concerned about getting seen, somewhat than simply making a fast buck by promoting t-shirts. Another beauty of Fine Art America is the shipping occasions. They have manufacturing facilities in numerous nations all over the world. This permits them to fabricate orders on the nearest location to attenuate shipping occasions and prices.
- Fast worldwide shipping, ensuring efficient delivery to customers globally.
- Extensive product line, offering a wide range of options.
- Multiple sales channels and currencies, allowing flexibility in reaching customers.
- Over 100 different products to choose from, providing variety for sellers.
- Sales and marketing tools to support promotional efforts.
- Opportunity to license your work for TV or write blog posts, expanding revenue streams.
- Worldwide shipping capabilities, reaching customers around the globe.
- No startup costs, making it accessible for creators.
- Oversaturated market, facing stiff competition from other artists.
- High base pricing on certain products, potentially affecting profit margins.
- Slow revenue transfer process, leading to delayed income receipt.
- Oversaturation with other artists, increasing competition within the platform.
- Some products have very high base pricing, potentially limiting their appeal to customers.
- Limit of 25 listings (unless upgrading to a premium plan for $30/year).
- Premium features, such as white-label, are only available to premium members.
- Steep learning curve, requiring time and effort to fully grasp the platform’s functionality.
- Very slow income transfer process, taking up to 2 months to receive earnings.
- Weak customer support, potentially affecting the resolution of issues or inquiries.
Society6 is a print-on-demand website that operates similarly to TeeSpring. It was established in 2009 as an online marketplace dedicated to creative designers looking to sell their custom printed products. What sets Society6 apart is its extensive inventory of over 150 products that can be adorned with your designs. Among their popular offerings are baseball caps, t-shirts, tote bags, laptop sleeves, pillowcases, and more. However, it’s important to note that Society6 does not allow integration with other eCommerce platforms or custom-built websites, as it functions as its own online marketplace. To get started on the Society6 platform, simply create an account, and you will be provided with a customizable artist store. From there, you can upload your artwork, ensuring it meets the specific dimensions for each product you intend to sell. Society6 takes care of order processing and shipping while crediting you based on the profits generated from each product sale.
Society6 stands as one of the top alternatives to Teespring, particularly for artists seeking a platform to showcase and sell their original designs across a wide range of products. Their extensive product line includes wall art, furniture, home decor, apparel, bags, stationery, phone cases, and more. With a thriving art-focused community and customer base, Society6 attracts individuals interested in genuine art pieces, making it less suitable for selling pop culture merchandise. However, if you’re looking to diversify beyond T-shirts, it presents a great option. Artists earn a 10% commission on each sale made, and they can also set their own markups on prints. Additionally, becoming a curator allows artists to earn commissions on top of owning their artist store. Society6 drives substantial traffic to its marketplace through its strong social media presence, but it may still be necessary to engage in personal marketing efforts to drive sales. Apart from providing creators with a marketplace to sell their products, Society6 offers access to educational materials, growth insights, creative tips, and more.
As one of the oldest print-on-demand alternatives in the industry, Society6 has been operating since 2009. While its primary focus is on art products such as home decor, wall art, and art prints, it also accommodates the sale of home goods, tech accessories, stationery, and clothing. Opening an artist store on Society6’s marketplace requires a PayPal account. A unique advantage of Society6 is the option to become an art curator, earning commissions in addition to owning an artist store. The platform’s significant social media presence ensures a steady flow of traffic to the marketplace. However, it’s essential to promote your products independently and undertake your own marketing efforts to stand out from the competition. It’s worth noting that Society6 has a distinct aesthetic, with a strong emphasis on art rather than T-shirts. Depending on your niche or designs, this can either be good or challenging news to consider.
- Extensive Product Line: Society6 offers a wide range of products to choose from.
- Strong Social Media Presence: The platform has a significant presence on social media, which can help increase exposure and visibility for artists.
- User-Friendly Interface: Society6 is easy to navigate and use, making it accessible for artists of all levels.
- No Upload Limit: Artists can upload their designs without any restrictions, allowing them to showcase their creativity freely.
- Unique Product Selection: Society6 offers a diverse range of distinctive products for artists to print their designs on.
- Ownership of Designs: Artists maintain full rights to their designs, providing them with creative control and protection.
- High Website Traffic: Society6 attracts a substantial amount of website traffic, increasing the potential for sales and exposure.
- Limited to PayPal Payments: Society6 only supports PayPal as the payment method, which may limit payment options for some artists and customers.
- Interface Improvements Needed: The user interface could benefit from enhancements to improve the overall user experience.
- Less Well-Known Than Other Marketplaces: Society6 may not have the same level of recognition as some other popular marketplaces.
- Slow Shipping: Some users have reported slow shipping times for orders placed through Society6.
- Fixed Product Margin: Artists have limited flexibility in setting the product margins, potentially impacting their profit margins.
- Lack of Payment Options: Society6 exclusively relies on PayPal for processing payments, which may not be convenient for all artists and customers.
- Limited Analytics: The platform lacks comprehensive analytics and reporting features, making it challenging to track and analyze sales performance.
TeePublic is a popular print-on-demand (POD) website owned by RedBubble. It primarily focuses on selling T-shirts and has a limited product line compared to other platforms. However, if you’re specifically interested in selling T-shirts, TeePublic is a great choice.
Similar to RedBubble, TeePublic receives a significant amount of organic traffic, which can increase the chances of making sales. The platform’s interface is user-friendly and intuitive, and the process of uploading designs is quick and straightforward. You can list your designs for sale and also accept custom orders from customers who hire you. It’s worth noting that many of the existing sellers on TeePublic are established designers, so the competition can be tough.
Established in 2013 and owned by RedBubble, TeePublic focuses mainly on custom clothing. It excels in selling pop culture and humorous designs. In terms of organic traffic, TeePublic ranks second among all POD websites, with RedBubble being the top alternative with high traffic. While TeePublic doesn’t offer as many products as RedBubble or Society6, it stands out for its fast and hassle-free upload process. An interesting aspect is that customers not only have the option to purchase your products but also hire you as a designer if they like your designs. This is why many of the sellers on TeePublic are well-established designers. However, even if you’re not a designer, you can still earn a profit by becoming an affiliate seller on the platform.
- Affiliate program
- Worldwide shipping
- Possibility to become an affiliate vendor and earn revenue from existing designs
- Fast revenue transfer compared to other POD websites (up to a month)
- No startup fees
- Decent organic traffic
- Quick and easy upload process
- Custom order support
- Relatively fast revenue transfer
- Easy-to-use interface
- Limited product range
- No white-label option
- Low fixed royalties
- Limited range of products
- Fixed royalties as low as $4 and $2 during sales
- IP and copyright infringement issues
Bonfire is a print-on-demand platform that was established in 2013. It initially focused on fundraising through t-shirt printing but has since evolved into a full-fledged POD platform. They offer a range of products, including tote bags, t-shirts, mugs, hats, sweatshirts, and more. However, Bonfire does not integrate with other eCommerce platforms, except for YouTube. Additionally, it lacks an API tool for custom integration.
Setting up a Bonfire account is simple. You can register for a free account and customize your online store website. You can upload your artwork or use their design templates to create each product you want to sell. Alternatively, you can request a custom design if you prefer not to design the artwork yourself. Once your product is created, you can launch a campaign with a selling goal that runs for 1 to 3 weeks. Bonfire handles order fulfillment and expedites the orders, and then pays you the revenue from the products. You also have the option to relaunch your campaign to continue selling your products.
Bonfire stands out by offering a fundraising aspect to their print-on-demand platform. They started as a fundraising company and have expanded to allow individuals and nonprofits to create custom clothing for a cause. You can create a merch store or sell online through campaigns, and they provide some design tools for those who are not designers. However, there are limitations in terms of storefront customization and white-label options.
Selling on Bonfire is free and straightforward. You can upload your artwork or use their design tools, promote your products through social media or other marketing channels, and Bonfire takes care of printing, shipping, and providing a fast payout of your campaign revenue. They also offer fundraising features for optional tips and donations during checkout. If you prefer a centralized platform, you can create a free online Bonfire store to showcase and sell your products.
Overall, Bonfire is a great Teespring alternative, particularly for individuals and nonprofits looking to raise funds for a cause. It offers an easy setup, handles order fulfillment, and provides revenue payouts, making it a user-friendly option in the print-on-demand market.
- User-Friendly Interface: Bonfire offers an interface that is easy to use and navigate, ensuring a pleasant user experience.
- Zero Registration or Upfront Costs: There are no requirements for registration or any upfront fees on Bonfire, allowing users to get started without any financial barriers.
- Flexible Product Pricing and Profit Margin: Bonfire provides the flexibility to set product prices and profit margins according to individual preferences, giving users control over their earnings.
- High-Quality Products: Bonfire maintains a standard of excellence by offering products of superior quality, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Fundraising Features: Bonfire includes features specifically designed for fundraising, making it a valuable platform for charity causes and campaigns.
- Global Shipping: Bonfire facilitates worldwide shipping, enabling users to reach customers around the globe and expand their market reach.
- Intuitive Design Tool: Bonfire offers an intuitive design tool that simplifies the process of creating customized products, even for users with limited design experience.
- No Startup Charges: Bonfire does not impose any fees or charges to start using the platform, allowing entrepreneurs to launch their online store without financial constraints.
- Fast Payouts: Bonfire ensures prompt and efficient payouts, enabling users to access their earnings quickly.
- Minimum Sales Requirement: Bonfire imposes a minimum sales requirement that users must meet to continue utilizing the platform, which may pose a challenge for new or low-volume sellers.
- No White-Label Option: Bonfire lacks a white-label option, limiting users’ ability to fully customize and brand their online store.
- Limited Product Line: Bonfire’s product selection is limited, which may restrict the variety of products that users can offer to their customers.
- Minimum Promotion Obligation: Users are required to invest a minimum effort in promoting their products on Bonfire, which may not suit those seeking a more passive selling approach.
- Processing Charges: Bonfire deducts an 8% processing fee from each sale, which can impact users’ overall profits.
- Limited Currency Support: Bonfire supports only a limited number of currencies, potentially causing inconvenience for international sellers.
- Limited Retailer Customization: The level of customization available to retailers on Bonfire is limited, which may restrict their ability to create a unique and personalized shopping experience.
- Limited Product Range: Bonfire’s product offerings are limited, which may not cater to the specific needs or preferences of all users.
Printful is a well-established print-on-demand website that has been serving customers since 2013. The name “Printful” itself reflects their core services of printing on products and fulfilling orders. With printing equipment worth over $83 million, they ensure high-quality printing. They have strategically located fulfillment centers in Latvia, the USA, the UK, Spain, Canada, and Mexico, enabling them to process orders quickly and efficiently. Their extensive product catalog includes a diverse range of items such as t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, leggings, swimwear, hats, accessories, coffee mugs, stickers, pillows, and more.
What sets Printful apart is its seamless integration with various eCommerce and online market platforms. Whether you use WooCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, BigCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, Squarespace, Weebly, eBay, Amazon, Magento, or others, Printful can easily integrate with them. Moreover, if you have a custom-built online store, you can connect it to Printful using their API.
To start using Printful, simply create an account on their official website and link it to your online store or online marketplace account. Once you’ve chosen the products you want to offer, you can utilize the Printful mockup generator to design and customize each item according to your preferences. Once you publish your products, Printful automatically receives notifications when sales are made, and they initiate the order processing.
In addition to their print-on-demand services, Printful also offers various creative services to assist their customers. These include graphic design, photography, video production, and store setup services, ensuring that users have all the support they need to create a successful online business.
- Easy Setup and User-Friendly Interface: Printful provides a straightforward and hassle-free setup process, making it easy for users to get started. The platform also offers a user-friendly interface for smooth navigation.
- No Minimum Order Requirements: Printful allows users to place orders without any minimum quantity restrictions, providing flexibility and accommodating both small and large orders.
- No Recurring Subscriptions: Users are not required to commit to recurring subscriptions on Printful, offering a pay-as-you-go model without long-term commitments.
- High-Quality Products: Printful maintains a reputation for delivering products of excellent quality, ensuring customer satisfaction and product durability.
- Extensive Product Variety: With a wide range of products available, Printful offers ample options for customization, including apparel, accessories, home goods, and more.
- Mock-Up Generator: Printful features a mock-up generator tool that enables users to visualize and customize their designs on various products, ensuring accurate representation before purchase.
- US and EU Warehouses: Printful operates warehouses in both the United States and the European Union, allowing for efficient fulfillment and reduced shipping times for customers in those regions.
- Limited Product Availability in Some Categories: While Printful offers a wide range of products, there may be fewer options available in certain categories, potentially limiting choices for customization.
- Higher Cost for Some Products: Certain products on Printful may be priced relatively higher compared to other alternatives, which could impact overall profit margins for users.
- Refunds Limited to Lost and Damaged Products: Printful only offers refunds for lost or damaged products, which may be restrictive for other refund scenarios.
Another notable print-on-demand platform that deserves a spot on our list is Printify. Despite being a relatively new platform, it has already garnered over 500,000 registered users. One of the standout features of Printify is its vast selection of more than 600 product types, making it an ideal choice for entrepreneurs looking to start a print-on-demand business. Among their top-selling customizable products are T-shirts, bags, home decor items, hoodies, mugs, shoes, pillows, and more.
Printify has strategically partnered with over 90 print suppliers worldwide, including renowned brands like Fifth Sun, Monster Digital, Print Geek, Textildruck Europa, ArtsAdd, and others. This extensive network ensures efficient production and fulfillment of orders.
Integration is seamless with popular eCommerce platforms such as Wix, eBay, Etsy, WooCommerce, and Shopify, enabling users to effortlessly publish their products on their online stores. For those with custom-built online stores, Printify offers integration via their API.
Printify provides three pricing plans to cater to different customer needs: Free, Premium, and Enterprise. Users can choose the plan that suits their requirements and budget. To get started with Printify, simply register for an account, select the products you intend to sell, and utilize their mockup generator to design and customize each item. Once your designs are ready, you can publish them on your online store. When your customers place new orders, Printify promptly fulfills those orders and handles shipping.
Advantages of Printify:
- Free Plan: Start a print-on-demand business without upfront costs.
- Wide Range of Product Varieties: Choose from over 600 different products to meet customer preferences.
- Quality Print Suppliers: Partnerships with over 90 reliable print suppliers ensure high-quality printing.
- Product Quality Checks: Consistent quality standards for excellent customer satisfaction.
- Refunds and Reprints: Support for lost, damaged, or defective products.
- Multiple Order Fulfillment Services: Choose the most suitable option based on location, shipping speed, and cost.
- Support for Print Suppliers: Resources and assistance for efficient order processing.
- Reliable User Resources: Access helpful tutorials, guides, and resources for success on the platform.
Disadvantages of Printify:
- Slow Customer Support at Times: Response times may be slower than desired.
- Limited Branding and Customization Options: Restrictions on creating a fully personalized and branded experience.
- Few Third-Party Integrations: Limited flexibility in connecting with other tools or services.
CustomCat, founded in 1999, is one of the pioneering print-on-demand websites similar to TeeSpring. With over 500 customizable product types available, CustomCat offers an extensive range of options. Popular custom printed products include t-shirts, jerseys, sweatshirts, hoodies, backpacks, hats, phone cases, water bottles, jewelry, mugs, and more. They support various printing methods, including embroidery printing, dye sublimation printing, and digital printing.
CustomCat seamlessly integrates with popular eCommerce platforms like Etsy, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Shopify. Additionally, it provides integration options for custom-built online stores. CustomCat offers two pricing plans: free and premium. While the free plan has limitations, the premium plan offers a wider selection of products.
To start using CustomCat, simply register for an account and select the desired products. CustomCat provides a user-friendly product design tool that allows you to customize and design products according to your preferences. Once you’ve created your designs, you can publish them on your connected online store. Alternatively, you can also place orders through a CSV file format.
When orders are received from your connected online store, the CustomCat team takes care of order fulfillment. Your customers will receive tracking emails to keep them informed about the progress of their orders.
- User-Friendly Interface: CustomCat provides an intuitive and easy-to-use platform for users.
- Affordable Pricing: CustomCat offers competitive and cost-effective pricing options.
- Wide Product Variety: With over 500 customizable product options, CustomCat caters to diverse customer preferences.
- No Minimum Order Requirement: Users have the flexibility to place orders without any minimum quantity restrictions.
- A/B Testing Support: CustomCat enables users to conduct A/B testing to optimize product designs and marketing strategies.
- Upsell Opportunities: CustomCat allows users to increase revenue through upselling additional products or services.
- Reliable User Resources: CustomCat provides reliable resources, tutorials, guides, and customer support for users.
- Limited Product Variety: Despite a good range of options, CustomCat’s product selection may be more limited compared to other platforms.
- Limited eCommerce Integration: CustomCat currently integrates with only four eCommerce platforms, potentially limiting choices for users who prefer other platforms for their online stores.
Gooten is another print-on-demand website similar to TeeSpring that you might consider. It is a user-friendly platform established in 2012. Currently, they have a network of over 35 print distributors worldwide. Gooten offers a variety of custom printed products, including mugs, t-shirts, cellphone cases, totes, bags, and more. They conduct regular quality audits to ensure the products meet high standards. Gooten seamlessly integrates with BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Etsy, and Shopify, and they also provide a RESTful API for custom integrations. To begin using Gooten, simply create an account and connect it with your online store. For product customization, you can access the design page through Gooten’s product hub. Alternatively, you can upload your own artwork for your custom printed products. Once you publish your products, Gooten is notified of new orders and takes care of the fulfillment process. You can also place new orders, review pending orders, and pause orders, allowing you to track your orders in real-time.
- User-Friendly UI: Gooten offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface for easy navigation and use.
- High-Quality Products: Gooten ensures the production of high-quality products through regular quality audits.
- Merchandising Options: Gooten provides merchandising options to enhance the presentation and promotion of your products.
- Automatic Order Processing: Orders made through Gooten are processed automatically, streamlining the fulfillment process.
- Third-Party Integrations and API: Gooten integrates with various third-party platforms and offers an API for custom integrations.
- Reliable Professional Support: Gooten provides reliable and professional support to assist users with any inquiries or issues.
- Reliable User Resources: Gooten offers comprehensive user resources, including guides and tutorials, to help users maximize their experience on the platform.
- Limited Options for International Shipping: Gooten may have limited options for international shipping, which could restrict the availability of certain products to customers outside specific regions.
- Few Mock-Up Templates: Gooten’s selection of mock-up templates may be limited, potentially limiting customization options for product presentation.
- Two-Week Delay to Approve New Design for New Customers: New customers on Gooten may experience a two-week delay for design approval, which could impact the timeline for launching new products.
Spreadshirt, founded in 2002, is one of the oldest platforms similar to TeeSpring. It functions both as a print-on-demand website and a marketplace for custom-designed products, offering opportunities to earn money through selling or designing unique items. Spreadshirt features over 150 custom printable products, including popular options like t-shirts, hoodies, hats, bandanas, mugs, pillowcases, water bottles, and phone cases.
Fortunately, Spreadshirt integrates seamlessly with Shopify, enabling users to sell their custom prints directly on their Shopify-built online stores. Additionally, Spreadshirt provides an API tool for integration with custom online stores. To get started on the Spreadshirt platform, simply create a vendor account and design your artwork on your preferred products. If you own a Shopify store, you can publish your products there or sell your custom designs on the Spreadshirt marketplace.
Pros of Spreadshirt:
- Various Product Brands: Spreadshirt offers a wide range of product brands to choose from, providing options to cater to different customer preferences.
- Top-Notch Print Quality: Spreadshirt maintains high-quality print standards, ensuring that the printed designs on their products are of excellent quality.
- Easy Signup Process: The signup process on Spreadshirt is straightforward and user-friendly, allowing users to quickly set up their accounts.
- Sell on the Local Market or Your Website: Spreadshirt gives users the flexibility to sell their products on the local marketplace or directly on their own websites.
Cons of Spreadshirt:
- Three-Color Maximum for Higher Quality Print Designs: Spreadshirt has a limitation of three colors for designs that require higher print quality, which may restrict some design options.
- Limited Product Variety: Spreadshirt’s product variety is not as extensive compared to some other platforms, potentially limiting the options available for users.
Teemill is a standout print-on-demand company for several reasons. Firstly, Teemill is known for its strong commitment to sustainability. They prioritize environmentally friendly practices by recycling old t-shirts to create new ones, using organic materials in their products, employing plastic-free packaging, and utilizing renewable energy sources in their supply chain. This makes Teemill an excellent choice for businesses that prioritize sustainability.
In terms of shipping, Teemill sets itself apart by printing and shipping orders shortly after they are purchased. In fact, 99% of Teemill orders are shipped the following working day, including international shipments. This is advantageous for customers who value fast and efficient delivery, especially if they have experienced delays with other platforms like Teespring.
Teemill offers a wide range of customization options, allowing you to align your online store with your brand. Additionally, if you don’t have the time to create your own designs, Teemill provides hundreds of free design templates that you can easily add your slogan to. Furthermore, Teemill’s e-commerce stores include a built-in blog feature, enabling you to incorporate content marketing efforts into your strategy. This can help drive traffic to your store and generate more sales.
Getting started with Teemill is completely free, as there are no setup costs or minimum order requirements, making it a risk-free option to try out.
Pros of Teemill:
- Sustainable business model
- Mobile-friendly store
- Highly customizable
- World-class printing quality
- Access to 1000 free designs
- Fast worldwide shipping
Cons of Teemill:
- Limited range of supported products
- Subscription required (Teemill Pro) to access all designs and images
- No integration with existing websites
Sellfy offers an extensive range of products, encompassing both physical and digital items. Getting started with Sellfy is incredibly simple, as you can swiftly create a mobile-friendly store and list your merchandise for sale in less than ten minutes. Alternatively, you have the flexibility to integrate your Sellfy store into your existing website or seamlessly embed “buy now” buttons within your products. Another notable feature of Sellfy is its support for white-labeling, enabling you to personalize your products with your own brand. Additionally, Sellfy ensures instant payouts, eliminating the waiting period of weeks to receive payment once you commence making sales. Sellfy provides both a free and paid solution, with paid plans starting at $29 per month.
- Instant withdrawals: Sellfy facilitates prompt payment without any delays.
- Wide product range: Sellfy offers an extensive selection of products to cater to various preferences.
- White-label supported: You have the ability to customize your products with your own brand.
- User-friendly: Sellfy provides an intuitive interface, making it easy for anyone to get started.
- Website integration supported: Seamlessly integrate your Sellfy store with your existing website.
- Advanced tax and VAT settings: Sellfy offers comprehensive settings for managing taxes and VAT.
- Marketing and analytics tools included: Sellfy provides tools to assist with marketing and analytics tracking.
- No free version available: Sellfy does not offer a free version, requiring a paid subscription.
- Self-advertising required: You are responsible for your own marketing efforts.
- Limited customization options: Sellfy has some constraints on customization features.
Established in 2005, Zazzle is another well-established platform with a large and active user base. According to Zazzle, the platform attracts nearly 32 million customers each month. There are three ways to join Zazzle:
- Become a designer: Designers create unique designs for products and list them for sale on the Zazzle website. As a designer, you earn a percentage of each sale.
- Sign up as a Zazzle Maker: Makers fulfill custom orders from Zazzle marketplace customers and design products according to their specifications using the Make Engines.
- Be an Associate: Associates do not create designs themselves. Instead, they promote Zazzle products. If a customer makes a purchase through your referral link, you earn a commission.
Zazzle provides built-in SEO (search engine optimization), social media, referral, and email marketing tools to facilitate the promotion of your products. You have the ability to build your own personalized storefront, create a profile, and customize your product pages. Zazzle offers one of the most extensive product ranges in the print-on-demand industry. Customizable stationery, such as wedding invitations, appears to be particularly popular and profitable. However, there are some drawbacks to consider. For instance, the Zazzle interface may appear somewhat outdated compared to other platforms, and users have reported the potential for account suspension if no sales are made or products are not published for an extended period.
- Diverse revenue generation methods for creators
- Large customer base
- Extensive product range
- Opportunity to create over 1300 different devices
- Availability of premade design templates
- Worldwide shipping
- Customers can further customize devices (optional)
- Zazzle Fan Clubs notify customers about new designs
- No startup costs
- Built-in marketing tools
- Customizable product page and storefront
- Outdated interface
- Potential account limitations or suspension for insufficient sales
- Oversaturated market with more than 300 million listed products on the platform
- Slow income transfer, taking up to 2 months
- Payment threshold of $50 for PayPal and $100 for check payments
- Steep learning curve
- Overwhelming and complex storefront
- No white-label option
- Time-consuming upload process
FAQs about Teespring Alternatives
Q: Why should I consider alternatives to Teespring?
A: Exploring alternatives to Teespring allows you to find a platform that aligns better with your specific business needs, offers unique features, or provides more favorable pricing and revenue-sharing models.
Q: Can I migrate my designs from Teespring to other platforms?
A: In most cases, you’ll need to recreate your designs on the chosen alternative platform since each platform has its own specifications and requirements. However, you can use your existing designs as inspiration.
Q: Are these alternatives suitable for both small-scale and large-scale e-commerce ventures?
A: Yes, these alternatives cater to businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re just starting out or scaling up, you can find a platform that suits your business goals.
Q: Do these platforms provide global shipping services?
A: Yes, most of the mentioned platforms offer global shipping services, allowing you to reach customers worldwide.
Q: Can I integrate these platforms with my existing e-commerce store?
A: Yes, many of these platforms provide seamless integration options with popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and more.
Q: Can I use multiple platforms simultaneously?
A: Yes, you can leverage multiple platforms to diversify your sales channels and reach a broader audience. Just ensure you can manage the logistics effectively.
Finding the best Teespring alternative is a vital step in optimizing your e-commerce strategy. Whether you’re an artist, entrepreneur, or business owner, the platforms mentioned above offer a variety of options to help you monetize your creativity and expand your online presence. From on-demand printing and fulfillment services to artist-focused marketplaces, each alternative brings unique advantages and possibilities. Explore these platforms, experiment, and find the one that resonates with your vision and business goals. Embrace the power of customization, engage with your target audience, and embark on a successful e-commerce journey with the best Teespring alternative for you.