In Discord, each user has a unique numerical string called User ID. Discord uses this ID to record user activities for future reference and processing. Likewise, messages, channels, and servers also have unique IDs in Discord.
Developers primarily use these IDs to refer to specific items in a Discord server or the server itself. However, non-developers may also need to find these IDs in certain situations. Fortunately, finding IDs in Discord, including User ID, is relatively simple if you enable Developer mode.
In this article, we will guide you on how to find User ID, message ID, and server ID in Discord on both desktop and mobile devices.
How to Find your Discord User ID
To find your User ID in Discord, you must first enable Developer mode. Once enabled, you can right-click or tap your name and select Copy ID. Below are the steps to enable Developer mode and find your User ID in detail:
- Open Discord and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the Discord settings by clicking the gear icon next to your username.
- Scroll down to the “Appearance” section and toggle on the “Developer Mode” option.
- Close the settings window and return to the main Discord interface.
- Find your username in the user list or chat.
- Right-click on your username to open the options menu.
- Select “Copy ID” to copy your User ID to the clipboard.
Once you have followed the steps to enable Developer mode and copied your User ID, it is now saved to your clipboard and can be pasted wherever you need it, such as in a support ticket or for identification purposes.
- To find another user’s ID in a Discord server, you can click on the “Users” icon in the upper-right corner of the server interface. This will bring up a list of all the users currently in the server.
To find your own User ID in a Discord server, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Users” icon in the upper-right corner of the server interface.
- Locate your username in the list of users and right-click on it.
- Select “Copy ID” from the options that appear.
If you cannot find your username in the list of users in a Discord server, you can alternatively locate yourself in a chat within the server and copy your User ID from there. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open a chat in the Discord server where you are a member.
- Locate your username in the chat.
- Right-click on your username and select “Copy ID” from the options that appear.
Your User ID will then be copied to the clipboard and ready to be pasted wherever you need it.
- After copying your User ID to the clipboard, you can paste it by using the Ctrl+V shortcut in any application or software that allows you to type text, such as a notepad or a text editor.You can also paste the ID directly into a Discord chat by opening a chat and pressing Ctrl+V to paste the ID into the chat box. Your User ID will then be visible in the chat for anyone who has permission to view it.
To find your User ID on the Discord mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your mobile device and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the screen to open the main menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “User Settings.”
- In the User Settings menu, scroll down to “Behavior” and tap on it.
- Toggle on “Developer Mode.”
- Your User ID will now be displayed below your username.
Note that enabling Developer Mode on the mobile app is similar to enabling it on desktop, but the menu options may be in slightly different locations.
- In any Discord server, tap the
Usersicon in the upper right corner.
- Find your username in the list of users, tap it, and then select
Copy ID. You can also do this from chat if you can locate yourself there.
- Paste (Long-press / Tap and hold >
Paste) the ID anywhere, like another app, or even the Discord chat itself, to see your User ID.
If you have Developer Mode enabled in Discord, you can also easily find the ID of a server, channel, or message. Here’s how to do it:
- To find the ID of a server, right-click on the server name and select “Copy ID” from the menu.
- To find the ID of a channel, right-click on the channel and select “Copy ID” from the menu.
- To find the ID of a message, right-click anywhere in the message and select “Copy ID” from the menu.
- To find the ID of a server on mobile, tap on the server name and select “Copy ID” from the menu.
- To find the ID of a channel on mobile, long-press (tap and hold) on the channel and select “Copy ID” from the menu.
- To find the ID of a message on mobile, long-press (tap and hold) on the message and select “Copy ID” from the menu.
After copying the ID, you can paste it anywhere you need it, just like with your User ID.