What is PhoneGap?
Advantages and Disadvantages of PhoneGap
There are several advantages of PhoneGap that can be considered by any business before selecting PhoneGap. Let’s dive into some details of PhoneGap:
- Using PhoneGap will reduce marketing time by a huge margin. The reason behind this is that PhoneGap allows one to develop an application once and then one can publish it across multiple platforms. Hence it saves a lot of hours and marketing time.
- PhoneGap has covered the problem regarding simultaneous release on multiple platforms. Earlier, it was a problem that an application was all set to be launched on one platform like Android but the same application was under development for Apple platform. All these factors have been covered by PhoneGap.
- PhoneGap is an open source, so one can always expect boundless help from the online community.
- PhoneGap is a distributor for Apache Cordova and is powered by it. PhoneGap has multiple tools attached to Adobe’s multiple services as well.
There are few Dark Side of PhoneGap, let’s have a look at it:
- Many developers use hooks while working in WordPress that would help them to align their code with themes, and plugins. But sadly there is no such type of hook available in PhoneGap.
- PhoneGap is not a platform that works for heavy game developers. It lags, freezes and drops, if PhoneGap is opted for gaming.
- Outdated Plugin is another drawback for PhoneGap Development. It hinders the functionality of the Application.
What is Flutter?
Benefits of using Flutter
Flutter has various types of advantage over its competitors. These advantages are in-built in Flutter and a set of development tools that allows Flutter to solve problems.
- Using Flutter gives a more noticeable increase in productivity as compared to other cross platform technologies. Flutter apps are compiled into machine code using graphics and visualization engines, so applications are fast and high performance.
- Another reason for rapid development of Flutter’s popularity among developers is availability of detailed documentation and a large number of examples. And this is very essential for developers who want to learn a set of tools, or a language.
Lets now discuss cons of Flutter:
- Flutter consists of massive file size. Modern users don’t want to sacrifice their game or song in the favour of the next application, so one of the main tasks of a developer is to create the smallest application size.
- Another drawback of Flutter is its weak iOS features support. Flutter is a Google product that makes the quality of support for iOS applications worse. If most of the SDK functions on Android work correctly, then there are problems with iOS.
- Flutter is a new cross platform app development framework. Many Flutter functions are in alpha and beta testing and may not always work properly as it has a limited set of tools and libraries. Flutter will take some time to create necessary tools, expand functionality and develop community.
Comparison between Flutter and PhoneGap:
|It is developed by Google||Developed by Adobe. It is a distribution of Apache Cordova|
|Flutter is SDK developer and build modern mobile apps||PhoneGap builds simple mobile apps|
|Huge library||Limited access to library|
|It uses advanced APIs||There is no direct access to APIs|
Author Bio –